Monday 6/22/26
I still can’t believe that I am actually going to make an attempt at becoming a PGA TOUR walking scorer but here I am at the mandatory training session held at TPC River Highlands on the Monday before the actual tournament. I was encouraged by the presence of the entire walking scorer committee made up of about 30-40 volunteers, assembled for a PowerPoint and hands-on training session led by a PGA TOUR official. I was paired up with Ben, a 20 year scoring veteran, who was a great guy in answering my rookie type questions and pointing out a few things as the training went along. Using the scoring device is so detailed and complicated that it was somehow reassuring that even veteran volunteers benefited from the refresher course. I, on the other hand, had only been exposed to the process via an online training class, followed by a quiz with a strict pass or fail threshold. Luckily, I passed! Now on to the “dress rehearsal”, the ProAm on Wednesday!

No comments:
Post a Comment